Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Veni, Vedi, Velcro

That's Latin for I came, I saw, I stuck around. As we approach our 12-year anniversary at Christian Life Assembly, I am so glad I stuck around. I'm glad I stuck around to see:
  • The miracle of 40 acres on the Highway 5 Bypass
  • The launch of elevate youth ministry and KidsCount Bus Ministry
  • Over 1,200 people at last year's Toys for Tots Distribution
  • Scores of people involved in life giving small groups
  • Worship services that break through to God's presence
  • People giving their hearts to Christ every Sunday

We've come a long way from Lakewood Elementary. I'm glad I stuck around. More than that, I'm glad you stuck around, too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen on that - Veni, Vedi and Velcro right back atcha! Des Moines and Central Iowa is blessed to have CLAG around and working to establish the Kingdom and salvation in the lives of people. Thank you Pastor Glenn for all you do and for your spiritual leadership.
SRD

Anonymous said...

I'm signing up for 12 more years. No words can fully explain all that I've been through or all that God's done for me. What a testimony to God's faithfulness. He has never left me nor forsaken me. The joy is in the journey. The future looks so promising. I want to be where God is moving and He is touching hearts and changing lives in this body of believers. I'm blessed beyond measure.

- Champion