Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Wins

Each team meeting starts with recounting of "wins" from the previous weekend. Here are four wins that came up this morning:

  • Vanessa, our ministry assistant, and her husband had been inviting some friends for a very long time and they came to church for the presentation of The Passion.
  • Pastor Rob reported a win regarding our outreach at the Oakridge Apartments--over 270 children were a part of the Easter Egg Hunt at this low-income housing project.
  • Pastor Jonathan's win had to do with the great worship we've been having the past two weeks--including the powerful response to the offertory Sunday.
  • The win I talked about centered around having over 500 people worship with us each of the past two Sundays!

I'm sure you've got some wins to celebrate, too. Why not post one here on the blog!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My win today is having a wife who loves me and in celebrating, with her, the 25th anniversary of giving her life to Christ. Spending my life, together with her as we live for Christ is a real source of joy.
SRD

Anonymous said...

My win was celebrating the 25th anniversary of being married to the most wonderful woman in the world. Thank you Pastor Glenn for renewing our vows for us, it was a very special occasion for us.
God's abundunt blessings on your family and church family.
SRZ

Anonymous said...

Dude, you can probably guess who I am by my speech idiosyncrasies but I have to tell ya, your sermon on Sunday the 23rd was probably the BEST sermon I have ever heard. It was relevant to most, and really made me think.

It was a lot of fun playing at First Assembly Tuesday. I am really going to miss Jonathan. I dont have words to express my love for him and his ministry.

TR

Glenn Reynolds said...

I'm going to miss him, too. I keep telling him I hate him for leaving. Of course, I'm crying when I say it.