Thursday, October 12, 2006

Happy Birthday at La Hacienda

I was sitting there eating my fajitas while talking with a couple about their upcoming wedding. We were having a great meal. Then, it happened.

The wait staff turned into a group of mariachi singers, placed a sombrero on my head and a dessert in front of me, and began to sing. It was great. I turned four shades of red. It wouldn't have been too bad, but it wasn't my birthday.

I looked around the restaurant. There were five other families from our church there! I have my suspicions!

3 comments:

Lori Eilers said...

Speaking if birthdays...Friday, October 13 is my favorite pastor's birthday. Let's give a shout out to Pastor Josh Singleton of Jordan Creek Family Church. He loves birthdays! I hope I am still on his staff! :)

Anonymous said...

How thoughtful of those families to acknowledge what an AWESOME Pastor we have! I bet that was hilarious! ;)

Glenn Reynolds said...

It was sooooo funny. The guys singing had no idea it wasn't my birthday. Everyone else knew and we were busting a gut, as they say. I was just glad they didn't bring out the tequila, like the did the last time they sang at our table.