Monday, October 02, 2006

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day


I just finished reading the first chapter of In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by my friend, Mark Batterson. All I can say is "Wow!" This book could not have come at a better time for me. I'm ready to unleash the lion-chaser within.

Here's the scoop on the book. Your greatest regret at the end of your life will be the lions you didn't chase. You will regret the risks not taken, the opportunities not seized, and the dreams not pursued. Stopping running away from what scares you most and start chasing the God-ordained opportunities that cross your path.

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day is inspired by one of the most obscure yet courageous acts recorded in Scripture (II Samuel 23:20-21): Benaiah chased a lion down into a pit. Then, despite the snow and slippery ground, he caught the lion and killed it.

Unleash the lion chaser within!

Mark Batterson graduated a year after me from Central Bible College. Mark turned down a full-ride scholarship to the University of Chicago to attend CBC. He and his wife Lora planted National Community Church in Washington, DC. He is a good friend and a great writer. You can order the book at:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1590527151/ref=pd_rvi_gw_1/102-0829645-4497768?ie=UTF8

1 comment:

Tom Jacobs said...

Glenn,
Thanks for the "heads-up" on the book. I'm ordering it today!