Friday, December 01, 2006

Books for Spiritual Renewal Retreat

I'm thinking about what books to read during my spiritual renewal retreat, January 23-February 28. I want to do a book a week, so that would be five books. I should set up a tournament of books to get down to the final five. Here are some I'm looking at:

Off Road Disciplines by Earl Creps
Spiritual Leadership by Henry Blackaby
A Tale of Three Kings by Gene Edwards
Christ Plays in 10,000 Places: A Conversation on Spiritual Theology by Eugene Peterson
Creating Community: Five Keys to Building Small Group Culture by Andy Stanley
Holy Ambition: What it Takes to Make a Difference for God by Chip Ingram
Church in Emerging Culture: Five Perspectives by Leonard Sweet, Andy Crouch, Michael Horton, Brian McLaren, and Erwin McManus

Well, there are the first eight for our field of 80 that will get narrowed down to five. I can't wait for the brackets to come out!

No comments: