Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I'm About to Go Nuts


For a boy from Kentucky, I've had about all of the high faluttin' learnin' I can handle. I'm in the second week of my second doctoral residency at Gordon Conwell--Charlotte. Today, we're spending the entire day formulating our proposal for a thesis-project (also known as a dissertation).


What's crazy about it is this--I really am doing this. I've dreamed about getting a doctorate since going to college. And, it's really hapening. I'm so thankful to our church, our network, and my family for all of their support in earning this degree. It wouldn't be possible without them. After this year, there is one more residency and then the implementation of the project and the writing of the dissertation.


Courses have been great and so practical this time around--I have over 20 pages of typed notes from the classes so far--not counting handouts.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Dr. Pastor.

WE ARE SO STINKIN' PROUD OF YOU!!!

Your Faithful Subjects,

Vanessa & Jan