Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Communicating for a Change

I'm reading a challenging new book Communicating for a Change by Andy Stanley, pastor of Northpoint Church in the Atlanta region. He challenges communicators to pick a point and stick with it through the message, talk, or sermon.

It's an interesting idea: no more three, five, or twelve point sermons! Just one point. I'm working on it for Sunday--I'm basing the message on Galatians 5.1. I think my one point will be stop the chain exchange. The idea is that we often trade one set of chains for another when Jesus wants to set us free! I'm not sure, but I'm willing to give it a try to keep learning more about communicating the greatest message ever!

1 comment:

Tom Jacobs said...

Hey, Glenn! You are an inspiration to me. You never stop learning. You're the best, and your church is blessed to have you at the healm!