Monday, June 12, 2006

Communication Styles


I've been reading Refining Your Style: Learning from Respected Communicators. The book lists 13 styles of communication along with a featured communicator that uses that style. Here are the 13 styles, the purpose, and the featured communicator:
  • Creative Storyteller (The Listener's Imagination) Max Lucado
  • Direct Spokesperson (The Listener's Will) Franklin Graham
  • Scholarly Analytic (The Listener's Logic) Tim Keller
  • Revolutionary Leader (The Listener's Passion) Erwin McManus
  • Engaging Humorist (The Listener's Funnybone) Ken Davis
  • Convincing Apologist (The Listener's Worldview) Lee Strobel
  • Inspiring Orator (The Listener's emotions) Kribyjon Caldwell
  • Practical Applicator (The Listener's Habits) Bob Russell
  • Persuasive Motivator (The Listener's Attitude) Zig Ziglar
  • Passionate Teacher (The Listener's Mind) Liz Curtis Higgs
  • Relevant Illustrator (The Listener's Common Sense) Gene Appel
  • Cultural Prophet (The Listener's Conscience) Chuck Colson
  • Unorthodox Artist (The Listener's Senses) Rob Bell

I'm not sure what category I fit into. If you've heard me speak, why not leave a post and pick a category that you think fits me. If you are a public speaker, leave a post describing which category fits you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you would fit into a couple of those categories but If I have to choose I would say the persausive motivator.