Thursday, January 31, 2008

Forward 1/31/08

I've decided to call the devotional insights Forward--because moving forward is such a big idea that God is putting in our hearts during this 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting. So, here's today's idea:

Forward 1/31/08
During the services, we've looked at three favor magnets:
1. Your Assignment
2. Your Attitude
3. Your Actions.

The attitude that attracts favor is humility. James 4.6 is clear--God opposes the proud but gives grace (favor) to the humble.

So, what does it mean to be humbe? The answer may be found in the following verses, where James gives some instructions and then winds up with the idea that God exalts the humbe. So, what are some of the actions that reflect a humble attitude?

Submission
A humble attitude is reflected in a life submitted to God. Every area of life is turned over to God's control. Pride says, "I can run my life." Humility says, "I need to submit every part of my life to God's control." Humility understands that God knows better than I do--so I submit my life--my present, my past, and my future to God's control. I submit to the wisdom of his Word. I submit to the prompting of the Holy Spirit in my life. And, I submit to the delegated authority in my life.

My prayer is that God will reveal to me any areas of my life that aren't submitted to him. Maybe that could be your prayer today, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere. You've been missed!
This time of prayer and fasting is exciting...difficult at times...wonderful...moving--the adjectives are endless, but so is God's grace. The results will be so worth our efforts, personally and as a church body. The messages God is providing through you are powerful and timely. And The Awakening was awesome...can't wait for another!
Jan W.