Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A New Personal Low

I'm excited to report that I reached a new low--I'm down to 221 pounds. That's 26 pounds from my peak weight of 247 just after Christmas. I have a goal of getting to 210 by June 1, 2008. According to what I've read that that's the top range of weight for my height. I'm 6'2".

What's my secret--well, 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting didn't hurt. Since the fast, Amberly and I have tried to cut out eating out as often, reduced sugars and breads, and made an increased effort to eat fruits and vegetables. Plus, I can count on one hand the number of Coke's with a lime have had in 2008. And, I can count on no hands the number of King Size Reese's Peanute Butter Cups I've eaten.

I've done 30-45 minutes of cardio five days a week since the start of the year (excluding the 21 Days of Fasting). I fasted exercise during that time.

If I can do it, you can do it, too.

Yesterday, I added weight training to my cardio workouts. I kind of feel it today. I may have to head to the chiropractor. :>)

2 comments:

Jeff A said...

Your blog encourages me Brother! You were already a Spiritual Machine for the Kingdom! Now you are going to be a Lean, Mean, Fighting Spiritual Machine for God! Awesome!

Glenn Reynolds said...

Jeff,
Thanks for the note. I'm going to try to start blogging more again. Your note encourages me. I hope the weather in Florida is treating you nice--29 in DSM right now.
Glen