Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Dream Again Follow Up

This morning we put together an outline for a great plan to follow up on the Dream Again series that utlizes dream coaches and dream groups to help people turn the dreams into realities. Right now, the coaches will help the groups walk through the following eight steps:

1. Open Your Mind to God (Inspiration)
2. Do Some Research (Investigation)
3. Ask for Advice (Consultation)
4. Establish Priorities (Prioritization)
5. Evaluate the Cost (Evaluation)
6. Anticipate Challenges (Preoparation)
7. Face Your Fears (Confrontation)
8. Get Started (Initiation)

Sundays, we're trying to inspire for the dream. Through these coaches and groups, we will practically equip for the dream.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that the Dream Coach idea is great. I know of many members including myself who have dreams and I am going to take the next step and and fill out the Dream Again...nest step on the Connections Card.

Glenn Reynolds said...

Our goal is to help equip for the dream after we have inspired you to pursue it. We don't want to rev the engine, but have no place to go.

Pam said...

I think the idea of dream coaching is great. Similar to new people coming into the church - the life groups are helpful in helping them connect and feel wanted and accepted into the fellowship by connecting.

By the way - I was in my late 40,s before I learned "how" to dream.... and "how" to have belief and faith that the dream could be realized. Wonder if there are others who literally do not know HOW to dream?

Glenn Reynolds said...

I think you are probably right--we intuitively know how to dream when we are children, but we somehow lose the ability as we grow up. I'm sure most people need to re-learn how to dream.