Wednesday, December 14, 2005

10 Ways to Know You're Not a Leader

I picked up this top ten list from Tony Morgan's blog earlier today. I love discovering more about leadership so this Top Ten list challenged me.

10 Easy Ways to Know You're Not a Leader

1. You're waiting on a bigger staff and more money to accomplish your vision.
2. You think you need to be in charge to have influence.
3. You're content.
4. You tend to foster division instead of generating a helpful dialogue.
5. You think you need to say something to be heard.
6. You find it easier to blame others for your circumstances than to take responsibility for solutions.
7. It's been some time since you said, "I messed up."
8. You're driven by the task instead of the relationships and the vision.
9. Your dreams are so small, people think they can be achieved.
10. No one is following you.

Starting in February, Christian Life Assembly will launch The Edge: Christian Life Assembly School of Leaders. This 27-week course will be divided into three trimesters throughout the year:

--The Source (Life Giving Leadership Principles)
--The Power (Spiritual Formation)
--The Practice (Practical Ministry Insights)

Our goal is to identify, recruit, train, deploy, and support more leaders than ever in 2006!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Glenn! I've entered cyberspace. Your article is very good, and I like your blogsite.
I'd like to talk further about iPods and their ministry use.

Thanks for being creative, and for helping me learn about his stuff.

Tom

Glenn Reynolds said...

Thanks for the note. I'll go there ASAP. Welcome to the blogosphere!