Thursday, December 08, 2005

The Incredible Power of Focus

I love a little booklet by Pastor Casey Treat of Seattle, Washington called The Power of Focus. He talks about the incredible things we can accomplish when we focus our lives around a few clear objectives. You can order it from his website www.caseytreat.com.

With that in mind, I asked God to help me understand what my focus should be for the next year. Here are the five items of highest focus for me as I continue to lead Christian Life Assembly.

1. Developing a Stronger Prayer Base
2. Expanding our Network of Trained Leaders
3. Connecting New Believers to Small Groups
4. Finishing Strong in our Because Capital Campaign
5. Leading from Divine Imagination, Not Human Memory

These items are more than a "to do" list, they are compass for me in the next year as our church continues to fulfill the mission of "transforming people into life giving followers of Jesus."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great. As you and the leadership team model and lead prayer, I'm looking forward to what God will do in our church. The blog is cool!

Anonymous said...

Super idea for keeping us all connected throughout the week, Pastor. Keep 'em coming.

Anonymous said...

This is going to be a great tool. You can count on me as I stand with you in our quest to impact our community for Christ. The goals are right on!
Steve Davidson