Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Big Idea from Phoenix


As I reflect back on my trip to Tommy Barnett's Pastor's and Leader's School in Phoenix last week, I come away with one big idea. Here it is: I love being a pastor! Where else can you make such a difference in the lives of people or the life of a city than in the local church. I am convinced more than ever that the local church is the hope of the world.

Our mission is incomparable: to transform people into life giving followers of Christ. I am glad God has allowed me to pastor this great and growing church. Together, we can make a difference in our city.

I hope many of you will come with me next year to Phoenix!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And we love you being our Pastor! GREAT adventures are ahead!

Glenn Reynolds said...

I remember the letter I wrote to the folks meeting at the Bradshaw house 11 years ago--I quoted from a Stephen Curtis Chapman song, "Saddle up your horses, we've got a trail to blaze." There is still more trail to blaze!