Wednesday, March 15, 2006

It's Always Too Early to Quit

This Sunday marks the second message in our series It's Always Too Early to Quit. Somehow this value has always been embedded in my life:

  • As a child, my grandmother would read my the book The Little Engine that Could over and over again. It was my favorite!
  • When I wanted to join band in 5th grade, my parents told me that I could as long as I promised to stay through 12th grade.
  • My dad didn't miss a day of work in over 25 years--when he did miss it was for cancer surgery.

You can see I come by this It's Always Too Early to Quit mindset honestly!

God wants to help us develop a never quit attitude. That's what we're going to talk about this Sunday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Winston Churchill's "Never Give In" Speech of 1941 is goes right along with those same lines.

"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."

We also must look to the true authority of the Word of God.
Hebrews 12:1-3
(1)Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us alsolay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
(2)fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross,despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
(3)For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

Thank you Pastor Glenn for being such a great example of this for me, my family and our church. Your an inspiration for me as I serve the Lord. Our company president has a motto for this year, which is "Everything counts and Everyone matters". Never quitting is indeed one of those principles that matters much as a key to success in life.

SRD 3/16/2006

Anonymous said...

Nice web site Glen. I enjoy your blog. I'm going to start up another web site too again. Keep up the good work.

Brandon, your retired-cop neighbor

Anonymous said...

When does a word or a phrase become a revelation? When it becomes the inspiration needed to get you from day to day... it becomes a reality. Imagine beginning a 40 day fast. If on day 3 you haven't embraced "It's always too early to quit"... you will not make it. However, if those words ring true in your heart, they will keep you focused. They will also point you to other words that will help you make it through each day. God's word... His promises will help you reach the summit. What is your Everest?