Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A Few Random Thoughts

  • Today, I kind of felt like some of you may have felt Sunday. I went to chapel at Southeastern University, expecting to hear Dr. Mark Rutland. Mark didn't preach, though. I had to listen to a guest speaker. At first, I was disappointed, but then decided that the Holy Spirit still wanted to speak to me even if it wasn't the speaker I expected.
  • I've had the joy of hearing ten sermons since we started this sabbatical a week ago. Nine were live and one was on CD. All have been different speakers. All have been used by the Holy Spirit to renew my mind and shape my spirit.
  • People here are complaining about the temperatures--low 50's. Let 'em move to Iowa!
  • I ran into Dave and Linda Leeper at Walt Disney World Saturday. We were there with my mom and grandmother. Had to travel all the way to Florida to say hi to these great folks from Iowa! They read the blog so let me tell them Hi and I love you guys one more time! Dave, sorry we didn't make it to Gatorland for a plate of gator and tater, but it's still true--you never fail with food!

4 comments:

Mark Batterson said...

Glenn,

Enjoy your sabbatical :) I'm sure you'll come back fired up. Thanks for setting an example for the rest of us.

And soak up a little extra sun for me!

Mark

Anonymous said...

howdy
too bad you missed dr. mark.
i was in his flock at mt. paran back in the 90s. what an awesome pastor/speaker/man of God.
i'm in tampa and still have not got over there to hear him - he broke us each week with his annointing. hope you get to see him again sometime.
blessings!
jaymer...

Anonymous said...

Helllllooooooooo??? Is anyone out there?

Greg said...

Hi Glenn: When you get a chance, please visit my blog and website. You might be interested in participating in my new book project about daughters and dads. Thanks! Gregory Lang