Thursday, January 25, 2007

Spiritual Renewal Retreat

Amberly and I made it to Florida and have started our spiritual renewal retreat. We attended the first night of the Free to Soar Conference last night. It has tracks for pastors and for pastor's wives. My mother and grandmother are watching the kids while we go to the conference.

Just finished a couple of great session. One was with Bishop Dale Broner of Atlanta, Georgia. I took about ten pages of notes on the top of quantum capacity. One of the things he said really struck me:

"God is a moving entity. He's always doing something fresh. So, we've got to be listening to his voice for a proceeding Word. The greatest enemy to a new move of God is the last move of God."

That's a primary reason for our spiritual renewal retreat: I want to hear a "proceeding" word from God for our church family. I'm excited about what God has done, but more excited about what God is gong to do next!

No comments: