Friday, July 11, 2008

Cubs Win! Cubs Win!


Last night, the boys and I attended our last Iowa Cubs baseball game. And, the Cubbies didn't disappoint us. They won 11-7, after getting down in the first inning. We've loved going to Principal Park every summer for a half dozen games or so. The park is only about five minutes from our house.

I wonder what games will be like for the Norfolk Tides. I know they are the AAA affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles, which has been my team since 1979 when I felt sorry for them after they blew the World Series agains the Pirates. I've flirted with switching to the Boston Red Sox or St. Louis Cardinals, but its hard to break a 30-year habit.

2 comments:

Jeff A said...

Glenn, I am happy to see you are not going to be a Red Sox fan. Though we are season ticket holders (ten packs) to the Tampa Bay Rays, we'll cheer for your Orioles if they are in the "Hunt for October" and our Rays aren't. Welcome to the eastern time zone. I hope our paths cross often and soon!

Glenn Reynolds said...

Jeff,
Thanks so much for the note. Go Orioles!
Glenn