Thursday, July 10, 2008

Lasts and Firsts

This month and the next will be a series of lasts and firsts. Here are some of the lasts on the calendar:
  • This Sunday is our last baptism service at CLA.
  • Next week is my last meeting with the Iowa Ministry Presbytery.
  • Next week is my last official board meeting with CLA.
  • Tuesday was Corbin's last day at gymnastics--he saw Shawn Johnson one more time before the Olympics.

There are several firsts up ahead:

  • August 3 will be the first Sunday I preach at Bethel Temple as their pastor.
  • Last night, I had my first official board meeting with Bethel Temple.
  • When we move, it will be the first time my kids have lived anywhere, but Iowa.

It's a series of firsts and lasts that mixes joy and sadness together. As I talk with people here in DSM, I hear myself over and over telling them how proud I am of them. And, I am. I am proud of the people they have become, of the church that has been built, and how they've allowed God to work in their lives. I am so proud of the people of Christian Life Assembly, and look forward to seeing how God continues to work in their lives, as well as in the lives of the people at Bethel Temple.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are excited and looking forward to having you at Bethel Temple as our senior pastor. It will be a pleasure to serve our God together in bringing the word of the Lord to the people of Hampton Roads and around the world.

Glenn Reynolds said...

Tina,
Thank you for your kind words. I believe God is really at work and look forward to seeing what he does in our lives.
Pastor Glenn

Toni said...

Pastor Glen,

I look forward to having you as pastor at Bethel Temple. I was truly inspired by the story of Jacob. I saw how the vision of Bethel Temple was being refined and I could identify with the direction God is imparting. Thank you for sharing your blogs (your life experiences)with us. There is so many leadership/relationship/"loveship" lessons to glean from and be inspired by.
Toni Hardy

Glenn Reynolds said...

Toni,
Thank you so much for your note. I have loved being the pastor of Christian Life Assembly more than I can say. I look forward to seeing what God does in His church in Des Moines and in His church in Hampton Roads. It's an honor to be a part of it and have such great people come along on the journey with you.
Thanks,
Pastor Glenn

Unknown said...

Jake is anxiously awaiting your arrival to Hampton. Imagine that, one of the first families will still be hearing your life giving messages!