Monday, August 04, 2008

Living in the Tree of Life

We launched the series The Life Giving Church with the message The Two Trees. Here's a review:

1. The Two Trees
--The Tree of Life
--The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil

2. The Primary Mark of Each Tree
--The Tree of Life (Innocence)
--The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil (Victimization)

3. Comparing the Tree of Life to the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil
  • Tree of Life/ Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil
  • Innocence/Victimization
  • Stimulation of Life/Destruction of Life
  • Joy/Judgment
  • Obedience/Disobedience
  • Abundance/Barrenness
  • Living in the Spirit/Living in the Flesh
  • Fruit of the Spirit/Works of the Flesh
  • Healing/Hurt
  • Hope/Despair
  • Life/Death

Here's the big question, "In which tree am I living?"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fabulous sermon on your First Sunday at Bethel Temple, I was amazed at your notes and your reading of God's Word. You have a way of keeping people's attention through laughter and serious teaching. I look forward to meeting you and learning more about God and your family. I look forward to each new Sunday and stepping into the destiny God has for our Church and me personally. Also a sidenote, I am a Disney Fanatic as I understand you and your family are.

Pam said...

Welcome to Hampton Roads and Bethel Temple! What a phenomenal message to kick off your first Sunday with us. I appreciated it so much.

Steve n Laurie said...

Awesome message Pastor!! We brought a family we have been witnessing to and they LOVED it!! The wife said it was the best church service she had ever been to, and the husband said (and you will get a kick out of this one)"besides Joel Osteen... this is the only preacher I listened to from beginning to end without falling asleep". That's quite a compliment. They said...they will definitely be back :) So glad God brought you and your family to us. Welcome!

Anonymous said...

Pastor Glenn,

I am taking the "meat" of your word and chewing on it each day. I am calling those things that are not - to be - living in the tree of life.

Welcome again to Bethel Temple! As I told you on Sunday - our spiritual Dad is home - welcome home.

Glenn Reynolds said...

Pam,
I'm excited that your guests were so thrilled with their experience at Bethel. I look forward to meeting them next time. And, thanks to all the people who help put the service together--from ushers and greeters to musicians and nursery workers and everyone in between. The preaching is the fun part!
Thanks,
Pastor Glenn