Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Shawn Johnson Wins Gold

I could not be happier to hear that Shawn Johnson won the gold on the beam at the Olympics. I was so proud of her three silver medals, but was hoping she would come home with a gold. My son Corbin took gymnastics at the gym where Shawn trains. She is so nice and a straight A student.

She did America and Iowa proud. I can't wait to watch tonight!

Way to go, Shawn! Three silvers is amazing, but three silvers and gold--that's what I'm talking about!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pastor Glenn,

I'm away on business this week and was unable to make it last Sunday. I listened to the service on-line (Spirit vs Flesh) sitting in my hotel room in Las Vegas. It's sad; this city promises riches but delivers bondage. Your message inspired me to raise the awareness of my surroundings; to write on MY blank sheet of paper: 2 Cor 3:17!

Thanks Pastor...lives are changing.

Steve (AKA Iowa Bill)

Glenn Reynolds said...

Thanks for the encouraging word. There can be no better illustration of the promise and the bondage than Las Vegas!

Anonymous said...

Brad and I attended Shawn's "Welcome Home" celebration last week at Wells Fargo Arena with over 7000 in attendance. It was GREAT! We mentioned that it would have been neat for Corbin to be there. They interviewed Shawn's parents and coaches as well as Shawn. Keith Murphy from Channel 13 commented that as a parent, he appreciated Shawn's character receiving her silver medals even more than her gold. But I agree with you - I was so glad she got her gold!! --Gloria