Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Silver or Bronze? Which is Better?

I read an interesting article this morning that confirmed a suspicion I had. People who win the bronze medal are happier than those who win the silver. Why? Because the silver winners are thinking of what could have been--comparing themselves to the gold medalist. The bronze medalists think of what could have been--comparing themselves to those who didn't medal at all.

If I win silver, I wish it had been gold. If I win bronze, I'm thankful I made on the medal stand at all. Interesting stuff. Shows the power of attitude and perspective.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pastor Glenn,

You make a good point, but Sanya Richards (Track & Field) might beg to differ...

Glenn Reynolds said...

It seems to be the expectations game, doesn't it.