Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Our Mark: Innocence or Victimization

Sunday, we finished the second week of the series, Building a Life Giving Church with the message, Our Mark: Innocence or Victimization. Let me recap the differences between innocence and victimization:

1. Innocence Leads to Life/Victimization Leads to Death
2. Innocence Leads to the Lord/Victimization Leads to Other Lords
3. Innocence Leads to Joy/Victimization Leads to Judgment
4. Innocence Leads to the Future/Victimization Lingers in the Past
5. Innocence Leads to a Beautiful Spirit/Victimization Leads to a Bitter Spirit

Here are the times I'm tempted to abandon innocence in favor of victimization:

1. When someone brings me their offense.
2. When I have been wronged.
3. When my rights have been violated.
4. When I am criticized.
5. When I am right.
6. When another believer is found in sin.

It was a great Sunday. If you missed it, you'll be able to pre-order the entire cd set or dvd set, starting this Sunday.

2 comments:

Steve n Laurie said...

Awesome message!! Really ministered to me. Great job.

Glenn Reynolds said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I am excited about the way God has used this message series to start our time at Bethel. I'm looking forward to Sunday.